Sale of a plastic film manufacturing company
- The company sold is a plastic film company located in Italy
- The seller has more than 30 mio € revenue in Italy
- The buyer is an international provider of supply chain and advanced composite materials primarily to the aerospace & defence industries
- The buyer is aggressively looking for growth of market share in the world
CFIE business sale input: The CFIE M&A team member helped in achieving a top level valuation for the seller. The buyer was looking for opportunity to develop a wider global presence in the wind energy market in a two step approach. First augmentation of the production capacity at the IPM facility in Italy to ensure the fulfilment of the growing demands of their customers. Second expansion of the production into other regions of the world where their customers’ needs for these products was continuing to grow.
Overview business sale in Plastic Film
Here you find a description of a business sale of a plastic film company in Italy. The plastic film manufacturing company focuses on Vacuum bagging films for the composite industry products. The CFIE M&A team helped the seller in the business sale to a large English buyer. Find more details on the business sale of a plastic film company below.
The strategy of the England buyer is to grow across its presence in the world market. The buyer is an England company that is doing acquisitions on a regular basis. The buyer plans to realize the following synergies out of the acquisition:
- The acquisition of IPM represents an important strategic step which will both secure and enhance Umeco Composites’ leading position in one of its highest growth markets.
- “The global installed wind power capacity is expected to more than triple between now and 2012, from 94.1 GW to 335 GW (source: WWEA)”.
“The acquisition of IPM is a key element of our strategy to maintain and develop our high global market share in composite curing materials for the wind energy market”.
- “Using IPM’s vacuum bagging film, we have captured a significant share of this market. However, wind energy currently accounts for just 6% of Group sales and the scope for growth is very exciting. Not only does IPM secure a strategic important source of material supply, but it also provides us with the technology platform to establish the necessary local presence in other key markets.
- “The further growth of our Composites activities, which is focused on the aerospace, wind energy and automotive markets, is a core element of our Group strategy. Following our investment of some £33m in the acquisitions of JD Lincoln and Primco over the past two years, today’s development represents a further important step forward.”
Profile Plastic Film manufacturing company Italy
The seller is a manufacturer of plastic film in Italy and is one of the leading companies in the sector of co-extrusion and transformation of multilayered plastic films. It manufacture extrusion and co-extrusion plastic films up to 18 layers thick using blown and cast technology.
The main activity consists in the transformation of the plastic material – through extrusion and co-extrusion technologies – into flexible multilayered films that can respond to various market requests, even the most demanding. Besides producing plastic films, manufactured extrusions and co-extrusions in blown and cast technology up to 18 layers thick, IPM SpA can also offer the best solutions and help the customer choose the most appropriate product to meet its particular needs.
The company has 13 blown lines and 3 cast lines with a total production capacity up to 13.000 Tons.
Highlights of the deal
- Docfin, CFIE Member, Was technically prepared on the plastic film sector
- helped de buyer to maximise the evaluation of the company
- Assisted its client through all the negotiation phases
- Gave support in the international transaction
Information about business sales in the manufacturing industry across Europe
Feel free to contact us for further details about this business sale in Italy. If you are looking for acquisitions or business sales of plastic film and packaging companies in other countries than Italy it is also good to contact us. We know other available plastic film businesses for sale in Europe or would be able to find the ones that suit you.