« Back to the previous page
Also available in:
Health care company for sale
Company to buy
- Sales: 5m to 150m Euro
- Profit after tax: 1- 10m Euro (ideally around 5m Euro)
- Valuation range: 10 – 90m Euro
- Location: Europe (preferably the UK, Germany France, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Poland)
- Employees: 10 to 200
- #CFIE T0240
- Reason for acquisition: The buyer is an investor group that has build a large pharmaceutical group of pharma companies focusing on consumer (but also animal) health brands. It is now looking in Europe to acquire further pharmaceutical companies
Overview pharmaceutical company
A global investor in a pharmaceutical company wants to expand out of its core countries and build up a similar position across Europe. Now it is looking to buy a medium or larger sized pharmaceutical company in Europe preferably with a strong consumer brand. Management should be strong and willing to grow the company in a larger structure. The acquisition targets can be active in health and care brands, pharmaceuticals or medical devices. Ideally the target company has strong, owned brands and IP across all LSMs.
The buyer is interested in an investment that applies to the human, animal and plant health industries. Companies that own health-related consumer brands (not limited to pharmaceuticals and should include any health and care brands) are of the highest interest. Companies that have distribution rights or the license to distribute a brand/ collection of brands (typical of our medical devices division) are also of high interest. Further, companies that manufacture pharmaceutical or other health-related consumer products. The products can be sold through a variety of routes to market like retail pharmacies (chains as well as independents), general retailers, wholesale, direct marketing, hospitals and clinics.
Strategy of pharmaceutical consumer brand buyer
The company is active in pharmaceuticals and wants to grow a large global group of companies in this area. The strategy is to acquire further companies via acquisitions and build this into one global player. The buyer is a health and care brands company operating in plant, animal and human health. The strategy is to create a synergistic group of health product brands that cover the value chain from imports of raw materials, manufacturing and distribution to consumers via retail and direct selling channels. As one part of its growth strategy the buyer has a strong focus on acquisitive growth utilising the expertise of the deal team from the investor. The buyer now wants to grow into the following European pharma markets (UK, Germany France, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Eastern Europe with Poland as the anchor).
Ideal profile of pharma company to be acquired
The buyer is interested in any of the following types of companies (all apply to the human, animal and plant health industries):
- First prize: Companies that own health-related consumer brands (not limited to pharmaceuticals)
- Companies that have distribution rights or licence of a brand or collection of brands
- Companies that manufacture pharmaceutical or other health-related consumer products
- The products could be sold via a variety of routes to market: Retail pharmacies (chains as well as independents), general retailers, wholesale, direct marketing, hospitals and clinics, etc.
- Activities can be: skin technology, food nutrition, pet health, natural medicines, sport supplements, health against ageing
- PAT of between 1m and 20m Euro
The company has a lot of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and wants to acquire further pharma companies across Europe. It wants to extend this business model to new locations in Europe. Examples of possible companies that are of an interest to buy are similar ones that are already in portfolio. These companies have activities like skin technology, consumer brand for food nutrition, but also companies with a focus on pet health. Further companies that focus on natural medicines, sport supplements or health against ageing.
Please do get in touch if you know such pharmaceutical companies with a focus on consumer health active in Europe open for a business sale.