« Back to the previous page
Also available in:
Buyer for a pharmaceutical contract manufacturer
Pharma contract manufacturer to buy
- Size: medium to large-sized business
- Revenue: 10M – 500M EUR
- Location of the Pharmaceutical contract manufacturer: EU
- Reason for acquisition: The management wants to establish sales and manufacturing capabilities in the EU region
- #CFIE TSC006b
Overview of the pharmaceutical contract manufacturer wanted
The management of one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in Asian region has decided to expand the presence in European Union region through acquisition of contract manufacturer (CMO) or contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). The management plans to take over a target by management right & asset buyout or by JV.
The management is particularly interested in companies experienced with dealing with major pharmaceutical companies (top 10 or 20 by revenue size).
Profile (strategy) of the buyer for a pharmaceutical contract manufacturer (CMO)
The buyer is a global healthcare company that manufactures, distributes, sells pharmaceuticals (both chemical & biological), medical device, cosmetics and healthcare information. The group has 29 affiliates, 8 branches, 3 R&D centers and 6 manufacturing sites globally.
The buyer has more than 60 years of history and owns large global branch offices throughout the world. The buyer is one of the top prescription pharmaceutical company in Asian region in domestic sales through complete healthcare solutions. The buyer wishes to expand global market presence through cross border M&As and/or JVs to become stronger in global healthcare.
Activities and products of the pharmaceutical contract manufacturer (CMO) wanted
The target should be a contract manufacturing organization or contract development and manufacturing organization in Europe with revenue more than 10M EUR. The buyer is looking for targets with experienced companies, which are financially stable and have good financial track records.
The target is required to have EU-GMP manufacturing facility standard and should possess pharmaceutical business license, e.g. manufacturing license and/or sale license.
The target should possess
- pharmaceutical products, related to specialty generics, oncology, advanced generation anti-biotics
- distribution channels & export capabilities
The target should not have more than 30 companies as clients, and the revenue source should be diversified; no more than 40% of revenue should be generated by a single consignment client.
For the target, it is good to meet following criteria:
- Possession of manufacturing facilities located in Italy, German, Spain, Poland or at least within EU 15.
- Possession of registered product and sales in EU 5 or USA
- Possession of a vacant area more than 30% (of whole area), or more than 4,000m2
- Possession of a specific facility for production of special target product (e.g. anti-cancer or anti-biotics) or specialty pharma
- Consignment manufacturing expertise/experience for EU market (import/export/domestic)
- Have a warehouse at a major transportation point (airport, port, access to highways and etc.)
Highlights of the pharmaceutical contract manufacturer wanted in Europe
- The buyer is a large pharmaceutical group that manufactures, distributes, sells pharmaceuticals
- The buyer is looking for contract manufacturers in EU region
- The management is particularly interested in target companies with revenue >10M EUR
- The target can benefit from synergies with the buyer – mainly business diversification & expansion through cross selling within the buyer’s network.
Information of the buyer for a pharmaceutical contract manufacturer in Europe
Feel free to contact us for more information regarding this pharmaceutical contract manufacturer wanted in Europe or if you know possible interested or suited parties. For more buyers of pharmaceutical companies please visit the section pharmaceutical companies wanted.
For pharmaceutical companies for sale visit the section pharmaceutical companies for sale