« Back to the previous page
Also available in:
Buyer for a ground engineering company in Europe
Company to buy
- Size: any size of business
- Revenue: 5-50 million EUR
- Location of the target: Europe, preferably EU country
- Reason for acquisition: The management of the buyer wants to use its spare funds to expand its global business activities with an acquisition in Europe
- #CFIE TSC215
Overview of this buyer for an engineering business
A large European buyer operating in engineering business has reached out to us in order to find a suitable ground engineering business. The management of this buyer is able to help the target company to boost its business by bringing synergies and making use of economies of scale. The target would be implemented in a larger network, bringing it closer to international customers, projects and contracts.
Profile (strategy) of this buyer for a ground engineering business in Europe
The buyer is a large company specialized in ground engineering and provision of extensive technical studies mainly to infrastructure projects. The company has a large network of offices worldwide, currently with 15+ specialized subsidiaries on 5 continents.
The company has more than 70 years of history, and currently, it employs over 1000 employees in various locations. At present, the company has a turnover of more than 200 million EUR.
The company is oriented at complex projects, such as infrastructure projects, complex industry solutions, public space solutions etc. The company’s expertise is covering multiple disciplines such as
- Soil engineering
- Water engineering
- Diagnosis of Structures
- Environmental engineering
- Materials Pathology Studies
- Acoustical Studies etc.
The company is highly innovative, having its own laboratory and testing facilities. The company has a budget for acquisitions prepared, the project would be financed from its own funds with the help of the bank.
Activities and products of an ideal ground engineering target
The buyer is looking for engineering or consulting firms as a potential object of M&A. The company is interested in targets, specialized in one of the following activities (or similar, complementary activities):
- Ground engineering (geotechnics, polluted sites and land, hydrogeology, road condition survey)
- Structure and materials engineering (diagnosis, pathology, material and structure control, material and structure certification, dismantling & demolition)
- Water engineering (geothermal surveys, water & natural environment)
- Environment engineering (landfills, mining, quarries)
- Energy engineering (energy strategy)
The buyer is very large, so targets with a revenue of up to 100 million will be considered. However, the target should have at least 5 million in revenue to be interesting to the buyer. The target should be financially healthy and have at least 50 employees. The buyer expects the target to be well-established in its region and have experience also with larger engineering projects.
The buyer is ready also to provide the target with financial backing after the transaction and provide with benefits of implementation into a larger structure, such as access to a large international client database. The planned acquisition process can start right away after finding a suitable target.
Highlights of this buyer for a ground engineering firm in Europe
- The buyer is a strong global company with a number of successful acquisitions in the recent past
- The target should have a good track record with complex infrastructure od industry projects
- The buyer will provide the target company with a chance to become a global player in the industry
Information about this buyer for an engineering business in Europe
Feel free to contact us for more information regarding this ground engineering company buyer or if you know possible suited targets. We know the M&A market and we can help you with your plans in Europe. For more buyers of companies please visit the section companies wanted.
. For more companies for sale visit the s section companies for sale.
Note: CFIE only works with formal companies. We do get a lot of requests and it is difficult to follow up on all inquiries from visitors to our website. For each company, we assess the likelihood of a future transaction. We only get back to you if we see a realistic opportunity to do a future acquisition or business sale. In order to increase your chances of receiving a reply as an individual, please explain as much as possible about your personal background, strategy and fit with the target. There is also a possibility that your details will be kept on file and we will get back to you once there is an opportunity to do a transaction. CFIE can’t guarantee you will receive an answer to your request.